Monday, March 10, 2008

Fibre Fest 2008

This was my first year being a vendor at a Fibre Festival. It was well worth the effort. My mom helped with setup (this is her):
















My mom also worked the 2 days of the festival. She really enjoyed herself (I think). We didn't buy any fibre but we did get two books. We bought the Ashford Book of Spinning and the Ashford Book of Dyeing. I was really pleased that we found them. I bought them from Legacy Studio - family from Alberta who were really nice people. We made lots of new friends.

Here's a couple of pictures of the booth once we finished setting up.






I rented a 10 x 10 booth which was way too small. Next time I would rent a 10 x 20. It gives people more room to browse. Also, I would not use so much cube shelving and buy something with hooks. Alot of people had trouble browsing through the Lorna's Laces. It is difficult to see the colors when it is piled.
In the last few months I have learned alot about what yarns I want to carry and the Festival helped me understand what people want and how people shop. In the end, it was a great experience.
In other shop news:
We just received Malabrigo Aquarella. It is a polar weight and comes in fabulous colors. I will also start carrying the Gruesa line which is the same as the Aquarella but in monochromatic colors. We also received more lace.
We also received more Noro Silk Garden and we now carry the Silk Garden Lite.
I will be expanding the Noro line so if there is something you think we should be carrying and are not - please let me know.

No comments: