Thursday, November 22, 2007

new yarn in the store

We got tons of new yarn in the last couple of days. I ordered 20 or so colors of Malabrigo Worsted and I also ordered some new Noro Kureyon and Silk Garden yarns. I have also added Araucania's Patagonia cotton to the line up. I'm really liking everything I got in....so much that I can't help but keep 1, or 2 or 3:)

Araucania has used Jane Ellison to design alot of new stuff. I quite like what she has done. Since Araucania yarns come in these beautiful varigated colors it can sometimes be hard to find a nice pattern that doesn't take away from the yarn and yet, isn't too boring to knit or wear. She has managed to bring out the best in the yarn and the colors.

Also new, is the Malabrigo line. The colors are absolutely brilliant. It has been impossible for me to take a picture and capture the true color. I am going to encourage everyone to check Malabrigo's web site as well to confirm if the color they are seeking is actually what they will get!

Finally a note about 'christmas knitting'. I am moving at a snails pace on my knitting (no offence to any snails). I am already thinking about baking, shopping and everything else that goes with the holiday season, and, I kinda think there's not enough time.

No comments: